Department of Surveys
Land Surveying Services
This Division is headed by Deputy Surveyor General (LSS) at P3 (E) grade and is responsible for the following functions-:
- Provision of trigonometrical surveys
- Provision of Topographic surveys
- Provision of cadastral surveys
Trigonometrical and Topographic Surveys are responsible for;-
- Establishing surveying processing and publishing geodetic data.
- I identifying and surveying of control points for mapping.
- Field data capture for map revision.
- Conducting scientific observations for earth movements and other displacements.
- Carries out topographic surveys for engineering purposes such as planning, designing, setting out e.t.c.
Cadastral Survey section is responsible for :-
- Demarcation and survey of administrative boundaries both local and international.
- Survey of parcel (plots) boundaries for security of tenure.
- Producing registry maps to support registration of title.