Department of Surveys
Quality Assurance & Data Management
The purpose of this division is to ensure that the surveying and mapping activities are carried out in accordance with the country’s geo-information standards and associated metadata standards It is also responsible for archiving and disseminating geo-information to the general public
It is divided into two units:
1. Quality Assurance responsible for:-
- Examination of field survey methods and computations.
- Checking overlaps of newly surveyed properties with existing ones.
- Ensuring adherence to standards.
- Approving cadastral surveys of all private surveyors.
- Policing illegal survey activities and map production.
2. Spatial Information Centre responsible for:-
- Archiving of Spatial Information
- Publishing Spatial Information
- Dissemination and sale of spatial Information
This division is headed by Assistant Surveyor General at grade P4.