Department of Lands & Valuation
The Valuation Services
Responsibilities of Valuation Services;
The roles of Valuation Section include:
- Carrying out assessment of land and properties to determine value for compensation payments by Government; and
- Provides valuation services to the public, City and District Councils, National Roads Authority, other government departments and the private sector. This valuation is done on properties for purposes of:
- Compensation assessment;
- Land rent assessment;
- City/Town rates calculation; and
- Reserve prices determination.
The Valuation Services section offers the following services;
- Land and property assessment for various purposes i.e. compulsory purchase, inventory, reserve prices;
- Fixing and reviewing land rent;
- Formulation and execution of government valuation policy of all kinds of properties for different purposes; and
- Advising government on existing and proposed relevant legislation on valuation.
- Compensation and resettlement.
Purposes of Valuation
- Property assessment for insurance
- Capital valuation (Open Market Valuation)
- Mortgage (loan Security)
- Compensation (compulsory purchase)
- Asset valuation